How to Add 2024 Hyundai IONIQ 6 Key with Autel IM608 II?

I spent a long time trying to add a key to this 2024 Hyundai IONIQ 6. Smart Pro and Smart Aerial Plus both gave me different errors and would not finish the key learning. I eventually got it working with the Autel MaxiIM IM608 II, but I had to have the PIN first.

Get into IBU-SMK

  1. On the Autel IM608 II, go to Manual Selection >> USA >> IONIQ 6 (CE EV) >> 2024 >> 70kw+160kw >> Yes >> Diagnosis >> Auto Scan.
  2. After the scan, go into IBU-SMK (Integrated Body Control Unit-Smart Key Unit) >> Special Function.
  3. The function requires an internet connection. Make sure the IM608 II is online and press OK.



Learn the Keys

  1. Select Smart key code saving, turn the ignition off, have the FOB ready, and press OK.
  2. When the status shows LEARNT, enter the PIN and press OK.
  3. For the first key, press OK, then within 5 seconds press the Start/Stop Button (SSB) with the FOB. Use the FOB itself to press the button, not your finger.
  4. After 1st key teaching completed!, press OK and repeat the same process with the second FOB.
  5. Once 2nd key teaching completed! appears, press Cancel to exit. The screen shows Smart key teaching completed! and Number of taught FOB keys: 2.





My Take

This one took me a while to crack because the other tools I tried would get partway through the job but still failed at key learning. Once I found the right route with the IM608 II, the actual programming was pretty straightforward. For newer vehicles like this IONIQ 6, that broader diagnostic coverage is a big reason I keep the Autel in the toolbox.

Contact Info:
Email: sales@AutelShop.de
Wechat: +86-13429866263
Whatsapp: +86-13429866263
www.autelshop.de

Post a Comment

أحدث أقدم